Do you require items?
In order to access our service, you will need to complete a Turntable Referral Form with an approved referrer. To prevent fraudulent use, the Form is NOT available for download from this website; it can only be obtained via an approved referrer.
Approved referrers include local councils, housing officers, social services, health visitors, Jobcentre Plus, and Citizens Advice Bureau.
Your referrer will either complete the Form with you and give you a hard-copy, or if they are unable to meet with you they will send you / us an email of the completed Form.
Once you have this, you can access our service in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Register on our portal turntableportal.org. To see the items available, you will need to email us a copy of your Referral Form; we will then give you access-permission.
2) Visit our warehouse. You will only be allowed into our warehouse to choose items if you bring your completed Form with you, or you have checked that we have received a copy before you visit. If you arrive without a completed Form, you won't be allowed access to the premises and will be turned away.
An appointment is not required before coming to our warehouse, but as the number of clients therein is very limited, there could be quite a wait at busy times (usually 11am - 2pm).
When you visit us, please ensure that you:
- Take time beforehand to think about the items you require & mark these on the Form
(it will save a lot of time on the day!)
- Have sufficient funds in place to pay for the items at time of choosing (items cannot be "reserved" until they can be paid for). If the items are being funded by your referrer, we need to have received notification of this from the referrer before you visit, and the maximum amount they will fund, otherwise you will be expected to pay
- Don't come to choose items more than a week before you need them delivered
(our storage capacity is very limited)
- Allow around an hour to choose your items (please note our closing time). If at all possible come before midday as things get rather busy in the afternoon.
Kindly note that we have a limited coverage area (see map above for guidance). We don't have the means to cover a larger area, nor do we allow clients to have furniture from us outside this area, even if they pay for delivery or can transport it themselves. This allows us to keep things fair for those within the area that we are able to cover.
Delivery to districts within Exeter takes place daily, Monday to Friday. Delivery to towns outside of Exeter takes place only on the days shown on the map above.